Thursday 3 May 2012

Productive Sickness

So I was off school today- stupid winter bugs going around. I thought I would make use of my time at home by doing something useful though, so I started drawing some concepts for the end of term project that we've recieved.

Now, I'm very excited by this because I absolutely adore doing concept art- and any practice is good practice- so I'm really trying to push myself with this project (as well as starting early).

I've also recently checked out this absolutely FANTASTIC artist called Feng Zhu, and for anyone that hasn't checked him out, you're seriously missing out. And from looking at how he does character silhouettes it has inspired me to try that technique out as well! 



So this is my first concept- I've done a few more but they're not quite done- so this is kind of a sneak-peak before I add colour and finish off the rest! I quite like this technique, and I feel like I'm getting a lot more original concepts by using this technique so that's quite rewarding.

And as soon as I'm finished with the others I'll stick them up here. But until then, enjoy this cat/bear/lion/wolf/man/goat thing along with his special club for beating things smaller than him. Hoorah!

No comments:

Post a Comment