Monday 22 July 2013

Portrait Practice




I've been spending a lot of time drawing recently, but it has been more general boring (to other people) practice stuff that isn't very exciting and I didn't feel like it should be shared. However I have these pictures!

I decided that I really wanted to do some good face (and partial torso) studies of humans, and I wanted to pay particular attention to making them recognisable to the actors (hopefully I have achieved that!). I have never felt comfortable with drawing  real people before as I was never confident but I finally decided to just go for it!

I will probably be doing quite a few more of these in the near future as they are good practice, fun and I am learning a lot from them too!

 And I find it is good to pick people that a number of people would know because it forces me to make sure that they resemble them- rather than just picking a complete stranger that no one else would recognise! :) Soon I will do females as well!

Well, that is all from me for now. Until next time!

Thanks for reading! :)

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment