Thursday 18 October 2012

Four Planets

My last picture from the concept design workshop a set of four different 'planets' or environments. I drew this picture when Robh Ruppel was speaking to us about the way he paints environments and I feel that I gained a lot from listening to him speak and show the way that he worked.

Overall, I found the workshop a really useful thing for me to go to (for those that haven't read any of my previous posts, I was fortunate enough to attend a Concept Design Workshop in Wellington in September) and I felt that I learned a lot, and it gave me the confidence to find my own way of doings things without worrying too much about linear paths in order to get to the job that I want.

It showed me that everyone had a different way of getting into the industry, but the thing that everyone had in common was that they all worked damn hard, and so I am trying to push myself even more now- trying to learn new programmes, techniques and different ways of approaching things in order to further myself as an artist.

So, it was a very good time for me I feel. And even though self doubt is always there, I feel like it's a natural part of it now- so it's not something to be afraid of. It helps me to push myself more and keep striving to be better!

Well, that's all for now!

Thanks for reading,

Hope to see you back soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment